Be protected everywhere you go while celebrating the beauty of Ifugao hand-woven fabric.
- Hand-woven fabric makes each face mask one-of-a-kind
- Size: 6.25" x 7-8" (H16cm x W18-20cm)
- Special Feature: Has filter pocket and each mask comes with 3 filters
- Comes directly from the Banaue, Ifugao province in the Philippines
- All earloops are garterised.
- The structure of the masks keep the wearers stylish and safe.
Let's support the Philippines' rich legacy of hand-crafted products. Each piece is unique. No two masks are identical even if they are cut from the same weave. It takes many days or over a week to weave the fabric, often using a backstrap loom. So our makers ensure they maximize every inch of the precious weaves and minimize waste.
*Please note that there may be some variations with the patterns in the masks even though they’re cut from the same fabric as our makers try to minimise waste of these previous indigenous weaves.
The Ifugaos are the rice terraces builders known for their majestic Banaue Rice Terraces, often fondly called the “8th Wonder of the World” and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Weaving is a sacred tradition for the Ifugaos. In the old days, there are even rituals performed by the elders to bless the cotton and the weaver--- to make the weaving activity successful. There are many elements in their weaving that is rooted in the ancient beliefs, for example, the lines represents the dividing lines in rice fields as land is very precious to the Ifugaos.
*Info courtesy of Makabayan.UK